In this episode, Chris covers two different, but related, topics that are always the subject of questions this time of year; namely "how does Chris go about finding a hunting area," and "why aren't elk up in the high country" in certain areas/on certain years? Topics covered include:
– different habitats seen in the RHR videos
– the initial considerations for finding a hunting area
– on-line/3rd party resources that greatly aid in initial "scouting"
– when to put boot leather to the ground
– spending time/learning your area
– plan A areas, vs plan B, C, etc.
– viewing mountains as a sponge
– how different mountain characteristics can affect vegetation quality in different years
– the importance of summer rain on different mountain types
– and more!
*note: the focus on this video ended up being a little unsteady/variable at times; we'll try to make sure that doesn't happen in the future!