In this episode, Chris covers two different, but related, topics that are always the subject of questions this time of year; namely "how does Chris go about finding a hunting area," and "why aren't elk up in the high country" in certain areas/on certain years? Topics covered include:
In this video, Chris goes over:
- the annual antler development cycle
- how to determine stage of antler development from pictures/video
- the effects of age on antler development and timing
- the effects of forage quantity, quality, and timing on antler development and body condition
- how body ...
Ep.1 – Food Plot Updates, and "What's the Best Broadhead" Discussion
Folks have asked for more "long-form" style discussions – similar to a podcast – on a variety of topics, so here we go! In this video, Chris discusses:
- The projects - habitat or otherwise - that have been eating his time;
- Updates on the Soybean and Corn food plots that were recently planted;...
Ep.3 - 2019 Colorado Snowpack and Elk Distribution
In this episode, Chris goes over:
- Snowpack and its effects on elk distribution across habitats vs. rut timing
- Clarification on snowpack estimates within different basins
- Snowpack in different habitats/elevations
- Similarities of winter 2018/2019 with winter 2011/2012
- Not all regions/basi...